Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Poor lil' guy

Yesterday I knew something was different when Crew wouldn't take his bottle, wouldn't have anything to do with solids, would scream when I sat him down, had the worst runny nose ever and had terrible diarrhea, hence a nasty diaper rash. ( I changed his diaper 14 times! no joke!) What a bad day...I went about my day hoping that he would just get better but to my surprise only got worse. By about 6pm I knew I had to do something. He looked terrible. So I took him to Urgent Care and come to find out..he had a 102.5 degree temperature and a really bad double ear infection! Can it really get any worse? I felt so bad for the little guy. He was so miserable. The Dr. gave him an antibiotic shot and today he is doing a lot better. I would have never guessed he had an ear infection because I always heard that babies normally tug on their ears. I guess not Crew. I felt so bad for him and would have traded anything to be sick for him. All in all...It's not too fun when your baby is not feeling well.

7 comments:

  1. oh that is so sad. good thing you took him in! you're a good mama. crew is so cute and he's getting so big! life moves quick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there... I'm sorry it has taken me so long to get you back. You look great and what a darling family you have.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl I know exactly how you feel. Kash had double ear infections his entire first year until he got tubes. It just broke my heart seeing him so sick! I am so glad that Crew is feeling better. Its so hard when they can't tell you what is wrong!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to motherhood! You think you should know everything, but in reality you don't and you feel horrible for not knowing! Hope he feels better soon. Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  5. poor little guy! hope he feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww!! :-( so sad!! I hope he feels better really soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Poor little guy. Its just the worst when they get sick!

    ReplyDelete