Friday, June 13, 2014

Mexico Day 2: Tulum, Chichen Itza & Cenote

on the Tulum ghetto train/tractor to the ruins
::Tulum::







I could live here.

These iguanas are seriously everywhere in Cancun!

Tulum Ruins Beach

Unreal views for days


 

::Chichen Itza::






 We learned a lot about the Mayan's today on our tour...so cool to see these old old ruins they built forever ago. I loved hearing all about the symbolism of everything and also how a lot of it correlates to us LDS peeps.

::Cenote::




 If you have never swam in a cenote, you need to add it to your bucket list. This was our favorite part of the day. It was so gorgeous and unlike anything I've ever seen before. This particular cenote (swimming hole) is a pretty famous one...Red Bull has a jump competition into it every year. The water was so fresh and crisp feeling. It was a bit on the colder side compared to the ocean water temperature but was so refreshing! I was really hesitant to get in at first bc there were little black catfish swimming all over in it...kind of freaked me out. Finally I got in and Wyatt even convinced me to jump in with him. Well...on the count of 3, I jumped in solo. Thanks Wy. Love you too.
mexican peeps

Elotes

He was so cute! Loved my Elote!

Hands down the Best Churros I've ever had! This guy made them fresh off his cart and filled the middle with a homemade carmel sauce...amazing!!




No comments:

Post a Comment